You have no items in your shopping cart.
Having a child is a life-changing experience. One of the most exciting times in your life is when you welcome a newborn baby into your home. There’s just something special about having your very own little bundle of joy that you get the privilege of raising from a newborn to an independent, functioning adult.
But before we get too far into this topic, let's take a look at why you should start your search for new gear for your little bundle of joy.
Newborn Baby Essentials Checklist
The safety and comfort of the newborn are of paramount importance and it is of immense concern that the things around the baby are completely safe.
Even though there is a lot of help available, there is a huge learning curve and it can be overwhelming when you go out and start to buy all of the essentials that you need for your newborn baby. You just have to know the right way to go about it. With a little planning, you'll be able to ensure that you only spend money on the precious little one.
Being a baby store in Chandigarh, Mums Mall is providing you with the baby essentials checklist for a newborn baby.
Feeding your baby is one of the most important tasks you must take up. Whatever the reason for it, babies get hungry all the time. The list provided below will give you a clear understanding of what essentials you need in baby-feeding.
1. Nursing Wear: Nursing clothes are essential for women who breastfeed their babies. Since you will be producing a lot of milk, you will want to avoid getting milk on your regular clothing. Look for clothes that are comfortable, easy to feed in, and easy to clean. You can go for nursing bras, a simple pair of trousers, a blouse with a pair of leggings, shirts or dresses. You can also go for nipple shields and breast pads if you are having excess milk.
2. Feeding bottle or Feeder: The different types of feeding bottles are available in different materials. When buying a new feeding bottle, the primary thing you need to look over is the material of the bottle. Go for a bottle with anti-colic nipples. Ensure the feeder is BPA free and can tolerate high temperatures.
3. Bibs and Feeding Pillow: You may be bottle-feeding or breastfeeding your newborn baby, and you want to make sure that there is no mess. To avoid this, ensure that you use a bib on the baby. You can add a feeding pillow in the checklist for a comfortable posture while breastfeeding the baby.
4. Steriliser: For the first few months of your baby's life, you will have to sterilise the baby bottles, teats and pacifiers. Sterilising is a simple process that can be done in a safe manner in your home, but it requires the right equipment. You can use electric sterilisers if you lack time for the process.
5. Muslin Clothes: Pregnancy and the early days of parenthood can be messy. Muslin clothes can make your work easier. They are not just ideal for babies, but for wiping and cleaning up the spills.
6. Breast Pumps: If you are going to use a breast pump, it is important to make the right choice. Depending upon the usage and your need, you can opt among an electric, battery-operated or manual breast pump.
7. Formula: While bottle-feeding your baby, you will have to use feeding essentials (formula). Go for the formula that is recommended by your baby’s paediatrician.
It is important to keep the baby comfortable and clean. Diapers are a necessity that all new parents have to buy. Don’t forget to include it in your checklist.
1. Diapers: You will need a lot of disposable diapers for your baby in the initial few months. Choose the diapers that are comfortable and avoid shopping in bulk. Because your baby may grow faster than you think.
2. Wet Wipes: Newborn baby skin is delicate, loses moisture easily and is prone to allergies. Clean your baby’s bottom with wet wipes so that the moisture remains there and the baby is gently clean.
3. Rash Cream: To avoid rashes from diapers, use an effective rash cream on your baby’s bottom. You can take advice from your paediatrician for a good quality rash cream.
4. Nappies: For sensitive skin, cotton nappies are a suitable option. Opt for reusable nappies but ensure to change them when they get dirty.
5. Changing Mat: You can add changing mats to your checklist to avoid any stain on your bed linen while changing diapers. Changing mats can be cleaned easily and are easy to carry.
It gives immense pleasure to parents to set up a baby nursery. But ensure you keep everything in your checklist and don’t leave anything last-minute.
1. Crib & Mattress: For bedding, the foremost thing in the checklist should be a lightweight crib and a firm waterproof baby mattress. Fluffy mattresses are soft but they can suffocate babies. To avoid that, invest in a firm mattress and a safe crib for a peaceful baby sleep.
2. Sheets & Blankets: Depending upon the season, choose a cosy blanket for your little one. Go for lightweight and breathable material. Also, shop for mattress protectors or rapid dry sheets for comfy sleep of your newborn.
3. Cradle: Cradles are convenient as they are portable and don’t need much effort. You can opt for a cradle that is spacious enough.
4. Humidifier: You can add a humidifier in the checklist to keep the baby warm during cold nights or when the baby has a cold or cough.
5. Mosquito Net: When it comes to mosquitoes, you cannot take risks. Having a good mosquito net will save your baby from ailments.
6. Baby Monitor: Add this product only if you have set up a baby nursery. With this, you can keep a check on your infant during the night. Shop for a chargeable monitor if you are thinking of purchasing it.
The baby grows a lot in the first three months. So keep a good stock of clothes for your baby and keep them covered from head to toe. Go for some bigger sizes so that you can use them for upcoming months. Consider the weather and season and pick what is best for the baby.
1. Bodysuits/Sleepsuits: Your baby needs sleepsuits because he/she is going to spend most of the time sleeping. Be sure to stock up the baby wardrobe with a good count of full-body suits according to the weather.
2. Vests: Irrespective of the weather, your baby needs a vest underneath. Choose cotton vests as they will be gentle on baby skin.
3. Socks and Booties: Baby should be kept warm in times when temperature is not stable or goes down. Shop upto 4 pairs of socks or booties for your baby's safety.
4. Swaddle Blanket: For the first few weeks, you can use a swaddle cloth or a blanket to wrap around for keeping the baby warm and cosy.
5. Caps: To cover baby’s head and safeguard baby from cold weather, you can either go for hoods, caps or blanket.
6. Sweaters: You can shop for the sweaters or cardigans depending upon the weather in your region. Opt for a soft woolen fabric if you are buying sweaters.
The newborn baby needs a sponge bath or cotton swab wipe for the first few days. Later, the baby needs a proper bath. Add the below mentioned things in the checklist.
1. Bathtub or Baby Bather: You need something to bathe your baby in. Choose a baby bather or bathtub depending upon baby size. Nowadays, ergonomic baby bathers are there for a comfortable bathing of newborns.
2. Baby Shampoo and Wash: Shop for a mild baby wash and shampoo that is tear-free and gentle on baby skin.
3. Baby Cream and Moisturizer: Baby’s skin needs pampering and baby cream and moisturizer is a basic necessity to keep baby skin soft. Apply cream and moisturizer after baby bath.
4. Hair and Massage Oil: Massage is a must for a newborn baby. You can either consult your paediatrician or shop for a good massage and hair oil for your infant.
5. Towels: Buy hooded soft and absorbent towels that are light on baby skin and soaks water.
First Aid/Grooming Essentials
A baby doesn't need a lot of grooming/first aid essentials in initial times. Although babies need good care yet you don’t have to stock every first aid or grooming essentials. Here we are mentioning the most basic essentials
1. Thermometer: Newborns are more prone to diseases. Sometimes a baby's body temperature rises due to vaccinations. To keep a check on that, you can buy a digital thermometer.
2. Nasal Aspirator: Nasal aspirator can help your baby breathe properly. A baby’s nose can get stuffed easily and a nasal aspirator is helpful in cleaning up.
3. Medicine Dropper: Giving medicines to the newborns can be fussy and result in spills. Medicine droppers save your efforts and make giving medicine easy.
4. Nail Clipper: Trimming baby nails is not less than a challenge especially when nails grow quickly. Make it easy with blunt nail clippers.
5. Comb and Brush: If your little one has hair, style it with a fine toothed comb or with a gentle brush.
Preparing for baby essentials in every situation is important. You must have all the things that you will require if you take your baby out. Whether you are taking the baby for a walk or travelling by car, these things are necessary in your on the go checklist.
1. Diaper Bag: While travelling, you can carry your baby diapers and other diapering things in the bag. The bags are really handy and have a big space for your baby stuff.
2. Car Seat: Car seat is a necessity prior to the birth of the baby. Your baby will need a car seat whenever you ride. Choose a car seat that not only meets the safety standards, but also the size & weight of your baby.
3. Stroller/Pram: You can invest in strollers as they can be a good medium to take your baby out. Whether you are going for a walk in the evening or for a long trip, strollers are perfect for outings with a baby. Pick the stroller as per your baby size.
4. Carrier: Newborns should be kept close and baby carriers are super helpful in doing that specifically when you are shopping in a market. You can freely move around without holding the baby in your hands. Ensure that the baby carrier meets the standards of safety.
By following this easy checklist, you’ll have all the things that you’ll require for your baby. Of course, you can always add or take away from the list based on your personal preferences. Luckily, there are a lot of great resources for new parents to get cheap baby supplies, and the team at Mums Mall is here to help! Since we have such a wide variety of baby supplies available, we can help you save on all of your baby registry essentials.
From our online store, you can choose from all the essentials that new parents need, including cribs, strollers, clothes, bottles, and much more. With us, you can find everything you need for your new baby at the best prices, and we are here to help you with all your baby essential needs.